Friday, June 27, 2008

Early Gifts... part 2?

So it's Friday again, and the best part about it is the fact that there are the two days ahead of me that DON'T require me to be at work. So the day played out not much different to any other day - though I did get a nice good morning text message from my buddy in Canada - that made me smile. My boss left a little early today so I took my time making stamps - watching the clock tick by. I figure I could probably last the 8 hours and leave at 4pm - but at about 2:40, my work mate Jim calls me from the front and tells me I'm needed at the front desk. I expect nothing more than a customer wanting to talk to me with regards to artwork... but who should I see standing there - my persistent but always loving ex, Johno.

It took me about half a second to register who it was... I recall the realization went something along the lines of "hang on.... I know this person" :P apparently, he was taking me to an early birthday dinner haha. First we went to the Plaza while I took out some $$ for the week and we sat down while I opened his birthday card. In it was a heartfelt note, a scratchie and $100 gift voucher. After that, we went off to Lonestar Steakhouse for dinner - isn't that funny? Last year for my birthday, I was in Canada eating at an Australian themed steakhouse and this year, I'm back in OZ eating at a North American themed steakhouse haha - what did I eat? What else? Rump Steak, Chips and 2 deliciously barbecued prawn skewers... drool. It was a lovely gesture - I'm grateful.

Thing is, that wasn't ALL! He took me home and I invited him in to watch some dvds with me... I got upstairs and there was this giant present sitting on my computer chair... like huh? My brother didn't put it there... my mother didn't put it there - my dad wouldn't do that haha... then I look over at Johno. Who else, would want to waste all that effort on me :P I open the box to find it FILLED with a million Styrofoam balls.... umm thank you? He tells me to dig in and the minute I put my arm in, about a hundred balls overflow out onto my floor... you're going to help me clean up, Johno (I type this in present tense because Johno's sitting right next to me reading as I type) But anyway, I finally found what was buried in the box - 1st and 2nd season of Supernatural on DVD... I love you.... now I get to watch my husband on my screen whenever I want... *sigh* I guess I was wrong... there kinda is something to look forward to over the next few days. Thank you, Johno - you dag :P I'll post some pictures after i watch Donnie Darko - later pplz

No comments: