Wednesday, July 1, 2009

And another year...

The sky greeted me well with this pleasant view from my window at about 6am:


I was a little reluctant to get up today... part of me was excited, yet another was saddened. It's not rare for me to have such a conflict of emotions around this time of year...

I am now 24.

I lay in careful cogitation about the last few years... then more specifically the last few months; Collectively organizing all my thoughts and emotions and reflecting on what life had brought to my plate in the last year - to determine exactly how I felt about leaving another part of me behind and stepping into a new age... verdict?

I love it.

The past year was such an emotional journey for me but I feel so much stronger now. I guess making mistakes and learning things the hard way only makes you appreciate the climb back to emotional emancipation even more. You realize what you can accomplish and it's great. There's still a long way to go but I'm not afraid of the journey anymore. In fact I'm COUNTING on it! And as I sort myself out, I remember, not only all the people who stood by me all this time, but also those who have come and gone and I'm grateful. I wouldn't be here without them... it's such a cliche thing to say but it's true.

I'm happy now. Happy knowing that as I continue my journey, I'm always going to have the love and support from my friends, my family and my love. We age... but we age together.

So here's to the new 24 year old Thara and hey, I've got a new hairdo and my braces are gone... that's something else to smile about! Wanna see a picture of my new smile? Ok, just wait... I'll come back to post pics and tell you about my day. Right now, I'm waiting for Brandon to come over :)

Here's a lil something for the wait:




Oh and this is me, with my NEW computer... yes after like 3 months I finally have that monstrosity I was blabbing about in like March lol... so I guess it's sort of a Birthday Present to myself:

1 comment:

Gracie said...

I'm glad you have embraced yourself and are a lot happier with your life and acknowledged all that has happened. Hope your bday was great though. And your pics didn't work =( Such a bummer.