Monday, March 2, 2009

Custom Build PC *drool*

So in light of my new endeavours this year I figure I need to kick start with a BANG.... and get myself an awesome new PC... coz my HP Laptop wont be able to hold up its end of the bargain. So, I've set myself a $3500 budget and went over the parts with my boyfriend on Friday night... and this is what we came up with:

- Intel Core i7 920 Processor LGA1366 2.66GHz 8MB Cache CPU
- Asus P6T Deluxe EXGTE LGA1366 X58 6DDR3 FSB1600(OC)RAID 2GBLAN 3xPCIE2.0 ATX
- Seagate SATAII NCQ 1TB 7200RPM 32mb Cache
- MSI 280GTX 1G PCI Express 2.0
- LG W2252TQ-PF 22 W 2ms DVI Black LCD Monitor
- Pioneer DVR-216BK 20x Dual Black OEM with software – SATA (I need two of these)
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Half Height OEM with Standard Bracket
- Logitech Z4 2.1 Speakers System
- Antec P182 Performance One Black ATX Mid Tower – NO PSU
- Antec ATX EarthWatts 650W
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000 Vista/ XP USB Retail
- Canon PIXMA MX310 Multifuction (Copier,Printer,Scanner&Fax)

Now I'm talking the works here... I want new speakers, mouse, keyboard, printer/fax/scanner... the LOT... and I'm so excited coz I went to get some feedback http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1152749 from computer geeks and a lot of their recommendations are along the lines of the specs I provided anyway!! Completely stoked and I can't wait. I found out my estimated pricing from Umart online but I might be getting it through my Uncle's friend who owns his own computer store. Just waiting on a quote from him to see what he says.... but if I'm lucky, I'll be getting it by the end of the month *jumps up and down*

No comments: